MyFavoriteTeacher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my favorite song

Go down

my favorite song Empty my favorite song

Post  chahedimene Tue May 20, 2008 3:48 pm

At first i not often listen music thus i choosed the song "we shall overcome" because it is a protest and a realist song where we can learn and guess the difficulties between blacks and whites in the past. In this short song we can haerd a fraternity words like "we","not alone","walk hand in hand","the whole wide world around" which
repeated some times. there are also some words express hope like "believe","some day","shall overcome","not afraid".I like this song because it touches peaple who heard it and maybe can help persons.

chahedimene

Back to top Go down

my favorite song Empty Re: my favorite song

Post  chahedimene Tue May 27, 2008 11:06 am

The title is "we shall overcome" which means "nous surviverons" in french. It 's a protest song which was sung in many contexts and for many reasons: for example the movement aginst racial discrimination in the south of the USA in the souther African jalls. It's also an adaptation of the 1900's that we immediately popularized in 1950's,when Martin Luther King led the boycott of bus lines in Montgomery in Alabama. This song became universal, heard in the whole world in the situations where the social justice is demanded.
In this song there are many anaphoras of words which evoke fraternity like 'walk hand in hand" or "whole wide world around" repeted each three time who insist on the fraternity, the union, the friendship, but also the confidence between people. More over this fraternity is especially insisted by words "we" presenr in almost all sentences which represent everybody and all people who need help.
There are also "believe", "some day" ,"shall overcome" repeted many times also, which evoke and produce the hope, dreams, enjoyment, courage to people.
Furthermore we find words "not afraid" and "not alone" which are repeted each three times in order to insist There are also "believe", "some day" ,"shall overcome" repeted many times also, which evoke and produce the hope, dreams, enjoyment, courage to people.
Furthermore we find words "not afraid" and "not alone" which are repeted each three times in order to insist on the courage and
Finally, we can see the word "some days" repeted in all the end of paragraph which insists on the eternity, all days.
That's why I like this song, because is interesting, it can help many people and makes them respond

chahedimene

Back to top Go down