articl in english

Go down

articl in english

Post  mélanie on Sun May 25, 2008 7:08 pm

The protest song is "ku klux kla" by steel pulse. The artist is the Ku Klux Klan, because in this song, one day he was feel face to face with a person from the Ku Klux Klan, Crying or Very sad then they didn't want to let he leave.
Steel Pulse is a group of british reggae which is from in 1975's in Birmingham. At the root of tjis group, David Hinds, Ronald Stepper, Selwyn Brown as well as Basil Gabbidon ans Mc Queen who will leave training later.
Steel Pulse engage Steve Grizzl Nizbett (battery), Phonsos Martin (percussion) ans Michael Riley (singing).
Their first three albums are product by Karl Pitterson, who worked with Bob Marley.

first of all , the main lexical fiels of my protest sonf is the fright because he says: " I holla and i bawl"
" I was waiting for the good Samaritan"
"Dem naw let me go no, Ku Klux Klan"
The main lexical is too the dead because he says: " here to stamp ou black man yah"
" linch; kill and maim"
" Dem seh one nigger the less"
During this song Steel Pulse tell his history and his fright when he was see the Ku Klux Klan.

Furthermore, i find two rhetorical figures and explain them so, are:
*Enumeration: rape, lynch, kill and maim all that for insiste to the violence against black person.
*Repetition of "waiting" in two consecutive lines (15-16) for underline that they wait the miracle "Good Samaritan" but they are "hopeless" but, no one come for help.. Sad

I like this song because i think that it is very interessing bcause this singer shows the violence of Ku Klux Klan in the 1860's, he shows too all hate that feels whites against the blacks. All this fright that can feels the colored persons,this waiting of a miraculous help.
To finish i love a reggae and I you advice this music to show has which point the blacks endured....

mélanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down