Working Class Heroes by Green Day

Go down

Working Class Heroes by Green Day

Post  Emma on Thu May 22, 2008 8:22 pm

Working Class Heroes

I'm going to present you a protest song of the Green Day which is a resumption of the ancient version of John Lenon which is entitle '' Working Class Heroes''.This Song relates the life of different people (defferences of religions, colors, ect...) who are victims of discrimination. The goal of this song, it's to denounce people who are despise by other person and persecuted.

In this music, there are two principal main lexical:
_ The fist one is the despise because in this lyrics, we can read in the line number one '' they make you feel small'', and in the line number seven "they hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool". It's the main lexical of the despise because people belittle the person who are different.
_The second one is the main lexical of the torture physical and moral because he says in the line eleven ''they tortured" and "scared you" and for conclude in the line number thirteen "full of fear".

What shows this song is a protest song, it's grace to the singer who has insert differents words which represents his opinion, like in line seventeen he sings "and you think you're so clever" and line eighteen " as far as I can see". He gives his opinion in particular he doesnt understand why people can feel hatred toward different people that the reason why is a prtotest song.

In this song, thay are many stylistic device:
_ Firstly, we can see much anaphoras which is repeated at the end of every verse " A working class hero is someting to be ". This repetition has each end of verse causes an effect of insistence.
_Secondly, In the line number six we can see a paralelism " they hurt you at home and they hit you at shool".a paralelism is when someone put in the same plan some words or groups of words in the same manner.this stylistic device cause a contrast between two expressions.
_Thirdly, and for finished, the last stylistic device is a comparison " If you want to be like all the folks on the hill " express a request for solidarity.

For conclued, I find it's a good and a beautiful music because this groups fight againts a cause which is important due to the discrimination is still practised in many countrys and I finds racism and discrimanation horible. I like very much this group and this music is the best. I love the rate and the lyrics.
LISTEN TO THIS VERY GOOD MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma

Emma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

God save the queen

Post  adeline on Sun May 25, 2008 11:15 am

My favorite protest song is "God save the queen" . It's a group who sing this song , their names is THE SEX PISTOLS. And the song talk about problem of the english society . Sex pistols is a band which made a lot of scandal whith their various songs.
I know that is a protes song because the lexical words prove it :
-"fascist regime , potential H bomb, there is no future in englandd's dreaming , god save human beings, our figurehead is not what she seems, we're the flowers in the dustbin, we're the poison in your human machine ...
Almost all the words of the song are provocations to the english society.
The retorical figures produce many effects. For example :
- "God save the queen" is an annaphoras which is repeat 5 times in the song for 2 reasons . One for show the problems of the english governement , the word "queen" represants the England . And secondly beacause 3 god save the queen " is the national anthem title .
- The sentence "no futur" is an anaphoras which is repeat 9 times in the song , for emphasize on the problems of england society and mark spirits.
- "Fascist regime" is an hyperbole for shock english people like the hyperbole "potential H bomb" is for shock to .
- The two metaphores "we're the flowers in the dustbin" and "we're the poison in your human machine" shows that the new generation is not integrate well into the english society.

For conclude i like this song because it underlines the problems in the English society but we can say that the problems which are quote doesn't are just in Engalnd they are in all modern and rich societys.And because i love sex pistols their songs are very good and crazy like them.

adeline

View user profile

Back to top Go down